Special Dedication

I dedicate my blog to someone
who saw something in me
Someone who gave me hope
I couldn't thank you enough
This one's for you

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Con-Artist


You're a con-artist
With an evil twist
Led me to believe
Your heart was made of gold.
The way her face lit up
When you pressed your lips against hers
Filling her up with lies
Leaving us with disbelief
When your intentions were to simply leave.
She learned to live happily without the care of a man.
Then you came around
To shine upon her life
Just to turn off the switch
On your way out.
I saw the way you looked at her,
Making her comfortable
While melting the ice from around her heart
Just to turn around and take advantage of her fragile soul.
I wish she had missed the first time that you kissed
You allowed her to create fantasies of what it could have possibly been.
They say good things come to those who wait
It's unfortunate to say
But you were not her "good thing"..
So feel free to exit.
Leave behind the best thing that has ever and will ever happen to a bitter soul like you.
When you can't sleep at night
And your dreams are haunted by the looks of her smile,
Then you'll realize
What a fool you made of yourself.
And when you do realize,
Feel free to continue to walk away
The other way
Just like you did
When you chose
To walk out of her life.

No comments:

Post a Comment