Special Dedication

I dedicate my blog to someone
who saw something in me
Someone who gave me hope
I couldn't thank you enough
This one's for you

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Find Your Sunshine




She use to be the sweetest girl
Eyes of pearl
A self esteem that could rock the world
She saw noone above her
No one could stand in her way as she
Strut her way through the crowds
Taking long and confident steps 
With her 6' heals
Never stopping for a soul
Not acknowledging 
The rocks on the ground
The puddles on the floor 
The gum upon the grass
The poop up on the concrete 
Then a man entered 
The gates of her heaven
Leaving her eternally 
Bruised and battered. 
Now she walks around
Head upon the ground
The cigarette smoke filling her lungs
I can almost see the cancer build up. 
Her hair always in a bun 
Her nails are left undone
What happened to that pretty girl
Who now lives by the gun. 
Now the rocks are the only things she walks on
The puddles are of tears 
The sticking of the gum upon that grass
Represents her being trapped in some maze
Where she can't find 
An exit to her dreams
And the poop on the concrete is just the shit that fills the walls of her home. 
What happened to that girl 
That could conquer the world
I want to walk over to her 
And get her off the ground
I want to say
Girl look at you
Please remove the frown
I want to take her by the hand 
And take her to the sand
Show her a place of peace
But will she understand 
I want to help you find your sunshine
I'll come up with a plan
I'm not gonna be just another a soul
That fills you up with "I told you so's"
I just want you to go back to being
The girl I use to know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment