Special Dedication

I dedicate my blog to someone
who saw something in me
Someone who gave me hope
I couldn't thank you enough
This one's for you

Friday, July 22, 2011

If Only You'd Let Me



Street lights and
the moon light
greet me as I step out of my taxi.

The point of my heal
touches the concrete
as my legs slowly began to exit.

"Welcome to Montreal"
states the chauffeur.

I then began to walk the strip.
The fluorescent lights
Kindle over my body
while accentuating
each curve and intensifying
the redness in my dress.

I saw him stare as he bit down on his lip
glaring at me
From my heals
to my lips
From my eyes
to my hips

He lended his hand.
Greeted me like a gentleman
as he uttered the words
"My lady, may I walk with you?
Tell you all the things I want
to do to you
Tell you that your structure
is made of gold
and that your skin reminds me
of the petals of the roses
that I'd love to bombard you with...
Tell you that your smile
shines so bright
It'll send the sun into retirement.
Tell you that the the almonds you
refer to as your eyes
captivate me
and your smell leaves me breathless
as I think to myself
I long to give you the world...

If only you'd let me"

No comments:

Post a Comment