Special Dedication

I dedicate my blog to someone
who saw something in me
Someone who gave me hope
I couldn't thank you enough
This one's for you

Monday, August 29, 2011

Flightless Bird


Beautiful bird,
Come fly with us…
Come see the world,
Explore the colors.
Dance through the rains
Fly above the seas,
Come and you’ll see
How it’s really meant to be.
Beautiful bird won’t you spread your wings,
Won’t you take a leap?
For if all else fails,
Faith will catch you.
Beautiful bird,
Are you damaged?
What keeps you restrained?
What isolates your soul?
“Congenial bird,
Have you ever been defeated?
Experienced sufferance
And lost all of your senses?
Have the wolves come to destroy
Your nest while leaving you
Helpless and Hopeless?
Have you experienced life?
Congenial bird,
Life does not simply consist of
Rainbows,
Butterflies,
And grounds full of worm buffets
Ready to fulfill my hunger for life.
Congenial bird,
Life keeps you from flying.
From seeing the world
And exploring the colors.
The only rain you see is
That which forms from
My flow of tears.
Congenial bird,
I cannot spread my wings,
I cannot bear to fly above the seas
Or take a leap
For life took away my flight
Leaving me as nothing more than
“A Flightless Bird”  

No comments:

Post a Comment